OceanHub Africa has decided to bring another accelerator program to africa. OceanHub is located in Cape Town. This six-month acceleration program is scheduled to begin in April 2021.
The accelerator aims to assist ocean-minded startups, nurturing an environmentally conscious and profitable economy in order to effectively mitigate the effects of global warming and the overexploitation and pollution of oceans.
Only the most disruptive and impact-driven startups focused on creating an environmentally conscious and profitable ocean economy will be chosen for the prestigious accelerator.
Benefits of participation
- Support in preparing for and running investor pitches, including training sessions with investors directly;
- Training on how startups can scale up their current business model;
- Personalized mentorship and guidance that requires one-on-one business instruction and personal development skills will be provided to participants;
- Access to a broad portfolio of impact investors who are part of the ocean-focused ecosystem as well as other service packages.
To qualify, interested applicants must:
- Be ocean-oriented start-ups with a direct or indirect positive impact on the ocean by either solving or offering tangible solutions to pollution, ocean overexploitation, or climate change;
- Be operational in Africa;
- Have a scalable service or imaginative product readily available for marketing or soon to be available;
- Adopt a disruptive business model;
- Be willing to enter new markets and investments.
Applications for the OceanHub Africa accelerator 2021 opened on Monday, January 25, 2021, and will close on Friday, March 5, 2021. Interested applicants can apply here.