Facebook has decided to launch its campaign “Made by Africa, Loved by the world” to support Africans ahead of ‘Africa Day’ on 25th of May.
On that day, short films unveiling the stories of eight phenomenal creatives and small business owners from across the continent who are breaking ground across the world will be shown.
Available to view on a dedicated ‘Made by Africa, Loved by the World’ microsite and the official Facebook Africa page from 21st May 2021.
The film provides a glimpse into the global successes of African creatives and businesses hailing from Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Côte d’Ivoire, and Gabon.
This includes fashion designer Laduma Ngxokolo from South Africa, whose clothing brand ‘Maxhosa’, has been worn by global names such as Beyonce and Alicia Keys, and most recently had his designs featured in the film ‘Coming to America 2’.
Sauti Sol, a collective Afro-pop music group hailing from Kenya who has gained international recognition with nominations and shows in Europe and the US and Mark Angel, a Nigerian comedian who has amassed over 15 million global followers on Facebook.
- Mai Atafo (Nigeria) – Fashion designer and bespoke tailor
- Lafalaise Dion (Côte d’Ivoire) – Fashion designer and visual artist
- Jessica Allogo (Gabon) – Founder of Les Petits Pots de l’Ogooué Garmout Food brand
- Blinky Bill (Kenya) – Musician, DJ, Rapper, and Producer
- Sauti Sol (Kenya) – International award-winning Afro-pop group
- Lola Pedro (Nigeria – Founder of Pedro’s Premium Ogogoro drinks brand
- Mark Angel (Nigeria) – Digital comedian, scriptwriter and video producer
- Laduma Ngxokolo (South Africa) – Founder of fashion brand Maxhosa and creative artist
In Addition, Facebook has decided to create dedicated ‘Africa Day’ Facebook profile frames available to Facebook users, and hold free virtual training for SMBs and Creators across Africa through its local training partners.